Homes in and around Wynnewood, PA are accentuated and highlighted by windows of all styles and designs. If left to deteriorate, however, your windows can become a source of energy loss, property damage, and more.
An important part of home maintenance is window replacement. Unfortunately, window replacement can seem daunting: there are dozens of options, features, and companies available in Wynnewood (and they all claim to be “the best”).
How do you get an accurate window replacement estimate? Here are a few ways to ensure you don’t overpay for your new windows:
1. Know which windows need to be replaced
Some window replacement companies will try to convince you to replace windows that might yet have some years left in them.
Here’s our go-to checklist to determine whether a window needs replacing (beyond an obviously-damaged windowpane or frame):
- Is it hard to open or close your windows? (Warped frame)
- Can you hear noises from outside while indoors? (Damaged sealant)
- Are the areas near your windows drafty? (Damaged sealant)
- Is there condensation between the panes of glass? (Damaged sealant)
- Are there areas of faded flooring, furniture, or art nearby (Poor UV protection)
2. Understand window styles
Different styles have different price points. To secure an accurate window replacement estimate, decide which window styles work well for your home.
- Double-hung windows work well for upper floors—you can clean the outside of the glass from the inside of the house.
- Slider windows are extremely durable—great for windows used frequently.
- Casement windows provide the best airflow—perfect for rooms that tend toward stuffiness.
3. Find a trustworthy window replacement company
The last step to an accurate window replacement estimate is finding the right company. Look for companies with good reviews, multiple awards, or many years’ experience in to find a company you can rely on.
At Zen Windows, we’ve served our area with integrity for years. Our customers have left dozens of happy reviews of our services. We’ve even won the Best Of Houzz Service Award—four years in a row!
We prioritize our clients and cut back on extra unnecessary costs, like showroom overhead or large sales departments. Instead, we work directly with you to bring you what you want.
Ready to take the next step toward new windows? Contact our friendly window replacement team serving Wynnewood PA and beyond for a free window replacement estimate!